Simply Filipina

Have the passion of cooking, she's sharing you the goodness and deliciousness recipes from her KUSINA to your KUSINA! Or from my Kitchen to your Kitchen that will cost less yet very comforting that the entire family would enjoy! It's all about GOOD FOOD and more!!!


These are some of my all time favorite Filipino kakanin or native pinoy delicacies. Every now and then we crave this decadent pinoy snacks and most of us living here in the States we find our selves making this stuff in the comfort of our home. One thing i miss Philippines is our delicious and varieties of food! Nothing compares and couldn't say more that we truly have the delicious food you could have. Foodies that are inviting and versatile, you won't get tired craving and enjoy eating them.

These Filipino native delicacies typically made of sweet rice, coconut milk, brown/white sugar, rice flours, eggs, and milk. Such things like biko, ginataan, the chikalang, they're all made of this delicate sticky rice accompanied of course with sugary ingredients. I must admit these are my weakness ever since i could remember! Growing up, waiting to manang tindera outside when she starts hollering her baskets full of kakanin. 

Since i am away from home (PH) i make sure our native delicacies are introduced to my family here in abroad. Some they love to eat, some as well they don't bother, lol. However, for me they're all the best food I've ever eaten! Hands down to that!

How about you what's your favorite kakanin?

4 comments:

Oh, Kakagutom naman to Mommy. I would like some buchi right now lol.

I love banana Q, camote Q and Cassava cake :) Love ko rin ang biko, puto cheese, suman at bibingka! basta mahal ko silang lahat :)

I miss the cassava cake. We live near a shop that sells really yummy cassava cakes in Manila before.

Oh my gosh! all of those are my favorite!