Simply Filipina

Have the passion of cooking, she's sharing you the goodness and deliciousness recipes from her KUSINA to your KUSINA! Or from my Kitchen to your Kitchen that will cost less yet very comforting that the entire family would enjoy! It's all about GOOD FOOD and more!!!


It's been three (3) months since i started my serious and make or break diet plan for myself! I still cook delicious meals, delectable desserts for me and family. However, this time around i know and have the discipline to control my appetite and cravings. I am so happy that since year started i lost 12lbs already and i am getting there to reach my weight goal until the year ended. So to make my story short, this is particularly i am doing every morning when i wake up i drink a glass of water with my empty stomach, then after an hour or so I prep the breakfast of mine. I always stock up fruits and vegetables in my fridge. Whatever is in there, that would be the stuff I'm using. 

Yesterday morning what i prep was, simple as 123! I started up with a shot glass of puree orange juice, then slices of mix fruits such as orange, strawberries (5), a nectarine, an apple, 2 mangoes and to make it healthier i usually add them some greens. I mix it with my favorite veges, either spinach, arugula and etc really depends on you. So this time i tried my cucumber slices, and honestly i can't tell the cucumber was there! It was delicious! The mix has no sugar added. Just add half cup of water and 2-3 pieces of ice. Then there you go blend them together and drink them! I am trying to stay healthy and fit. I know you can do it too!  

15 comments:

awesome fruit and veggie selection for your smoothie. i would love to make some.

Awe! What a wonderful and healthy way to start the day. I would love me some please. I love fruit smoothies. :)

it's only been over a week since we started this kind of diet and nutrition too and so far i lost 5 lbs :D hopefully it wont fluctuate and go back up again.

I miss making smoothies. love the fruit and veggie combination you have here.

delicious smoothies, i wish i can also do this at home..

Yumminess for sure. I love healthy drinks, esp smoothies. This can be a power drink and energy booster to get going through the day.

Looks delightful and refreshing! I always love smoothie in the morning too!

wow, really! good for you mami for being so motivated..this is the healthy way indeed....way to go!

I would love to try this morning breakfast but I don't think my budget can afford to buy fruits all the time...fruits are expensive!

Wow, way to go... 12 pounds is a lot already, keep it up!

Very healthy and nutritious. I have only tired strawberry, mango, banana smoothie and blend it separately. I haven't triend mixing fruits and veggies though. This is a good diet and like i said healthy drinks

i love shakes and smoothies! this is so nutritious and can be a meal replacement for me.

Starting your day right with fresh fruits and veges are really important. Well, we should do it often if not everyday.

I love to eat fruits as well Mommy Shela :-) I should try using our blender and mix all the fruits all together and make a healthy and delish smoothies :-) I am so happy for you and keep it up :-)

Wow, I envy you because of the disciplined you have. Unlike me having a hard time to be fit.

What a healthy and refreshing drink. I would really want to have one right now.