Simply Filipina

Have the passion of cooking, she's sharing you the goodness and deliciousness recipes from her KUSINA to your KUSINA! Or from my Kitchen to your Kitchen that will cost less yet very comforting that the entire family would enjoy! It's all about GOOD FOOD and more!!!

I love to cook anything and everything under the sun but lately i am really into it i always find my self looking for new recipes and experiment stuff to cook and surprise my husband and of course me i always longed for Filipino delicacies but it is hard to find here in the States like this one... the KUTSINTA (brown rice pudding) it is one of Filipino's famous dessert and it is my favorite i swear haha! Way back in Philippines I used to watch the manong tendero every morning to pass by our house and buy. Since there's no way i can taste here the kutsinta... because i don't know where the heck to get it. So i google and found the recipe oh my gush it was so easy to make you know am happy because whenever i crave for this i will just cook!

Here's the recipe to those Filipinas who loves KUTSINTA!

1 cup rice flour
2 cups brown sugar
3 cups water
1 teaspoon lye water (you can find it at Asian store)

~ Just combined all ingredients in a bowl and steam for 30minutes or insert a toothpick in the middle u know when its done.

7 comments:

parang masarap yang kutsinta mo at madali lang gawin. hope i can cook it one of these days.

hello Yang, this is one of my fave too--unsa ba ning lye Yang? I hope one day makahimo jud ko ani.. yummy!

got the recipe now! hmmm... unsa man ning lye water oi! lahi na raba mga name diri even sa asian store.. unsay bisiya ani..heheh!
good day!

hiya! lye water tubig ni siya with sodium hydroxide, sa asian store duul ni sa mga cosmetic or sabon, shampoo mga ana nya gamay lng ni nga bote hehehe... thanks sa comment mga sistah!

oy sis dalia ra diay ani himoon. mag testing ko ani, ako raba ning paborito...pangitaon ko ning Lye

salamat sis

I wish I could find a lye here too! I missed eating kutsinta a lot!

I have found the lye here

Thanks sis for sharing!