Simply Filipina

Have the passion of cooking, she's sharing you the goodness and deliciousness recipes from her KUSINA to your KUSINA! Or from my Kitchen to your Kitchen that will cost less yet very comforting that the entire family would enjoy! It's all about GOOD FOOD and more!!!


One of the best potato soup you could have. Never would cross my mind that one day this dish would be one of my favorite. Started when we dined in at Legend's restaurant back in Tennessee. It's been husband's favorite so he encouraged me to try too, so without a second thought I ordered it. From then on, my affair of this delicious side dish is pretty strong, lol. I learned how to make my version of creamy and silky potato soup inspired by the restaurant and I did it! I must admit mine is better than any other gourmet places in our locale that we've been, seriously! So without furthering it I will share my recipe and try it for yourself!

You need:

10 peeled large potatoes (slice to mini square portion)
6 bacon strips (chopped)
chopped medium onion
4 cups water
4 cups 2% milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp paprika
dash of garlic salt
a cup of cheddar cheese
1/4 cup instant mash potato mix (for creamy soup)
a cup of garlic Parmesan croutons
1/2 cup of chives (optional)

How:

In a big pot, toss some chopped bacon until crisp. Set aside. Using the bacon greased sauteed onion until fragrant and caramelized. Toss the slice potato in the pot, stir and add paprika, garlic salt, salt and pepper the stir gradually. After stirring, pour the water and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Then pour the milk, stir it continuously. Then simmer it approx 45 min to an hour in medium heat with continuous checking and stirring to prevent on sticking underneath until the potatoes completely cook. ( JUST ADD WATER OR MILK) if the sauce evaporates a little to your desired. Then pour cheese and the quarter a cup of instant mash potato mix for thickening the soup lightly and the set aside crisp bacon chunks. Simmer it for extra minutes and serve moderately hot along with your favorite garnish on top (I used the croutons in garlic Parmesan) Enjoy the creamy and savory potato soup.

Happy Cooking!

8 comments:

I love creamy soups, it comforts me during cold weather :)

This is perfect for the chilly weather here in northern Minnesota

I love potato soup, my husband is actually requesting for it since last week lol.

Hmmm you are making me hungry! I love potato soup!

Thanks for sharing your creamy soup. I will try to cook it for my family.

Ooh thanks so much for sharing, the family and I loooove soup! :) Will definitely give this one a try one of these days. :)

I love soups and this one looks good! I am a sucker for creamy potato soup and my sister-in-law made some before and it was so good. :)

will make this soon. thanks momi she!