Simply Filipina

Have the passion of cooking, she's sharing you the goodness and deliciousness recipes from her KUSINA to your KUSINA! Or from my Kitchen to your Kitchen that will cost less yet very comforting that the entire family would enjoy! It's all about GOOD FOOD and more!!!


One of the husband's favorite Filipino dish is the Mung Beans Soup with Coconut Milk. He just love the dish so much to the point he is craving for it every now and then. Since I am working at a restaurant and the shifts are lunch and dinner time, I rarely cook meals in my kitchen anymore and I've been really missing it lately. We both work so when at home we are hectic and sometimes we just grab or eat anything that is quick fixing you know. However, during my day offs, I always make sure that I will cook for everyone something good with extra special effort,haha! So the other day, I made us the mung beans for lunch it is always a comforting soup and it's very timely for the cold weather right now.

Recipe: For 3-4 people

1 1/2 cup Mung beans
1 cup left over meat ( i use my roasted turkey)
chopped med onion
diced garlic about two cloves
6 cherry tomatoes
2 stalks scallions
small can of coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
dash of garlic
dash of paprika
med size bell pepper
6 cups water
2 tbsp fish sauce

In a big pot boiled the mung beans until al dente, In the another skillet sautéed garlic, onions, tomatoes and meat altogether until it's brown and fragrant. Add salt, pepper, garlic salt and paprika, stir it gradually for 5 minutes. Then pour the sautéed ingredients to the mung beans pot. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the coconut milk, scallions, bell peppers and fish sauce, continue boiling until cooked.  Approximately another 10 minutes. Serve with steam rice.

Enjoy!



0 comments: