Simply Filipina

Have the passion of cooking, she's sharing you the goodness and deliciousness recipes from her KUSINA to your KUSINA! Or from my Kitchen to your Kitchen that will cost less yet very comforting that the entire family would enjoy! It's all about GOOD FOOD and more!!!

Guest post written by Anita Wall

My friends and I are very active at our local senior center, so when I heard its leaders were organizing a trip to the Grand Canyon we jumped on board.

I’ve never been a fan of long car rides, except for the fact that you can get a lot of reading done. But when you’re on a bus with a bunch of seniors it can get kind of loud and difficult to read leisurely. However, I’m partly to blame for such an environment.

I’ve never had excellent hearing but my friend Rita pointed out to me (not so gently) on the ride to the Grand Canyon that I should probably get a hearing test. I was offended at first, but do know that I suffer from hearing loss. When we stopped at a hotel for the night on the way there I accessed its wireless with my laptop and looked at some hearing aid reviews that led me to some miracle ear hearing aid prices.

I decided I could deal with this and scheduled a hearing test back at home. But I didn’t let this revelation damper our trip because I knew that I wouldn’t be the person that everyone is too afraid to point out their hearing loss to, well except Rita.

0 comments: